Supporting our customers through the pandemic
As there continue to be restrictions in place across the UK, it is important that our customers are supported through this ongoing challenging time. The impact of Covid-19 has seen a shift in customer behaviour and an increased reliance on digital services as visits for claims had to be replaced. Our customers are at the heart of everything we do at Direct Line Group which is why we have had to adapt quickly to make sure we can provide our customers with continued great service and peace of mind.
How we’ve responded is founded in our vision and purpose as a business. We’ve worked hard to make sure our processes are easy at this time and to provide a journey that is personal. Across every part of the business we’ve implemented measures which provide additional support to all of our customers, paying particular attention to offer support to customers with urgent claims, vulnerable customers and NHS workers.
We have assisted customers in financial difficulty who have got in touch with us by:
- Waiving cancellation fees if people have lost their job or seen reduced hours
- Offering payment deferrals so that personal lines customers can spread up to two months of instalment payments, including at the point of renewing a policy so customers remain insured.
We have assisted NHS workers:
- Changing our operational response so frontline staff can identify NHS workers immediately for claims
- Offering free Green Flag breakdown assistance for any NHS worker
- Honouring business use for all key workers, whether they have the cover or not
- Extending free Home cover for NHS workers with home emergencies, essential items (inside and outside the home) and prioritising claims when they are lodged
- We’ve doubled cycle limits, prioritised claims for NHS workers and implemented a fast service for items such as mobiles/tablets/laptops who have contents cover, but no personal protection cover
While we will do what we can to process claims digitally using the latest technology, there are still times when we’ll need to visit customers’ homes to assess the damage. Top ensure we can do this is a safe way, we’ve put steps in place to make sure that we are able to to this while protecting both our customers and our people. Click here to read more.
To find out more about how each of our bands are supporting customers click here:
Find out what we are doing to help our people here