Direct Line Group recognised as a Top 75 employer in 2023 Social Mobility Index
Direct Line Group, (DLG), one of Britain’s leading general insurance providers has been named as one of the top 75 employers in the Social Mobility Employer Index 2023.
The Social Mobility Employer Index launched in 2017 and has grown to become the leading authority on employer-led social mobility. It assesses and ranks UK employers on the actions they take to ensure they are open to talent from all social backgrounds.
Ranking in the Social Mobility Index for the first time, DLG has made great progress in advancing social mobility and addressing levelling up over the last few years:
· Supporting inclusive recruitment through removing unnecessary educational requirements from job adverts in hiring and recruitment processes;
· Focussing on enabling internal mobility by supporting colleagues to develop critical future skills through their Ignite Data, Business Transformation and Software Engineering apprenticeships programmes;
· Championing the cause at all levels of the business, with an employee led Social Mobility Network working together as a driving force for change;
· Breaking down barriers to employment for young people from under-represented communities through the Community Fund, partnering with several organisations to engage with over 9000 students, equipping them with key career skills.
· Signing the Social Mobility Pledge, committing to focusing on outreach, access and recruitment to level up the playing field for people from disadvantaged backgrounds or circumstances.
Vicky Wallis, Chief People Officer of Direct Line Group commented: “I’m incredibly proud that DLG has been recognised as a top employer in the 2023 Social Mobility Index for the first time and is testament to the hard work and passion of colleagues across the organisation. Aligned with our vision to be a force for good, step by step we have made progress in supporting social mobility and we will continue to do so.”
- ENDS -
Notes to Editors
For more information please contact:
Direct Line Group
Email: [email protected]
About the Social Mobility Employer Index
The Social Mobility Employer Index was launched in 2017 and has become the leading authority on employer-led social mobility. It assesses and ranks UK employers on the actions they take to ensure they are open to talent from all social backgrounds.
The Social Mobility Employer Index evaluates employers across seven areas: their work with young people, routes into the employer, the attraction of staff, recruitment and selection, data collection, progression of staff and experienced hires, and advocacy. Employers can also complete an employee survey. The data and insights from this process are published in an annual Employer Index Report which features a ranking of the 75 top-performing employers on social mobility that year.
About Direct Line Insurance Group plc
Direct Line Group (DLG) is one of the UK’s leading insurance companies. The Group’s vision is to create a world where insurance is personal, inclusive and a force for good. Through its well-known brands which include Direct Line, Churchill, Privilege, Darwin, NIG, Direct Line for Business and Green Flag, DLG helps people to carry on with their lives, giving them peace of mind now and in the future. Its brands offer a wide range of general insurance products across motor, home, commercial, travel, pet and rescue, both direct to customers and through price comparison websites and it underwrites insurance products distributed by its third party partners. The Group believes that by embracing sustainable practices it creates a better corporate culture able to provide more reliable products and bring long-term rewards for its customers, people and shareholders.