Parental leave policies and flexible working
At Direct Line Group, we have a set of policies to support you to do the things that matter to you outside of work so you can flourish and thrive in work.
Whether parents, grandparents, carers or pursuing your dreams in other ways, we want to help you focus on the things that are important to you.
Our policies are simple and flexible. They recognise the fact that everyone’s circumstances are different and they’re the starting point for you to have a conversation with your people manager about balancing the things that matter in your life.
Support at Direct Line Group includes:
- Employees with at least one year’s service receive full pay during the first 20 weeks of maternity and adoption leave. Those with six months’ service receive full pay during the first 10 weeks whilst all core benefits remain in place for all employees.
- Shared parental leave and pay mirrors our maternity and adoption benefits and our employees can ask to split their leave into shorter periods with periods of work in between.
- Up to 12 weeks’ full pay as part of a phased return to work following a period of maternity/adoption/shared parental leave for all employees.
- Two weeks’ paid paternity leave for all employees.
- Up to four weeks’ unpaid parental leave each year is also available to all parents, carers and grandparents (recognising the increasingly important role that they play in childcare).
- A period of paid compassionate leave can be agreed for anyone experiencing, for example, the bereavement, or serious illness of, a close relative or dependent.
- Paid time off and/or flexible working arrangements can be agreed during IVF investigations and treatment.
- Up to 12 months unpaid lifestyle break for anyone wishing to pursue something that really matters to them such as volunteering, travelling, extending maternity leave or re-training.
- Reasonable time off to deal with emergencies involving those that depend on them.
- All of our employees have the right to request to work flexibly. We’ll always do our best to be as flexible as possible.